|Senior Java Software Engineer - Unified Communications|
|US - California - Santa Clara
US - California - Sunnyvale
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Java OO, Unified Communications
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
The Performance Management Group
The Performance Management Group is built on Riverbed’s strong heritage and experience in delivering solutions that improve the performance of technology for business. This group is made up of NPM (Network Performance Management) and APM (Application Performance Management) products and solutions. Together, they deliver to customer’s performance management solutions that diagnose both application and infrastructure issues. Whether the problem is server, application, or network-based; in a virtual, physical or cloud infrastructure; or, using mobile or fixed clients, products from the Performance Management group help application and infrastructure teams identify the problem and deliver actionable insight for solving the issue. When you join the Performance Management Group, you’ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to Global 1000 companies. You’ll work with engineers, led by our leading scientists, to innovate solutions for the Cascade and OPNET product lines that help to speed problem resolution so that IT teams across the organizations can move from discovery to analysis to solution as quickly as possible. If this sounds like the team you want to play for, read on.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer in the Unified Communications and Collaboration performance management team, you will join a dynamic engineering team that consistently delivers on time, high quality and feature rich software that brings IT Service Management to IP Telephony, Video, Unified Communications & Collaboration.
· You will provide domain and technical leadership in the definition of our software solutions, design, architect and develop industry-leading features and components, and help drive major design decisions of software architecture, technology stack and functionality.
· You will solve real world problems in enterprise communications/collaboration.
· You have a BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
· You have 7+ years demonstrable experience with Java OO design & coding of platform-level components using Eclipse, Core Java, Multithreading, JDBC, Spring 3, Junit.
· You have experience with REST/SOAP, JSON, GWT
· You have strong understanding of DB schema design, optimization and troubleshooting. PostgreSQL experience a plus.
· You are familiar with modern agile development methodologies, design patterns.
· You have experience/Interest in working in the domains of Network/Application Performance Management, Unified Communications & Collaboration, VoIP/Video/Telepresence (a significant plus).
· You enjoy having an impact on our products, our company, and the state of the art
Java, OO, JDBC, REST/SOAP, DB, Agile, VoIP
Riverbed. WAN optimization for your network: Application acceleration, WAN bandwidth optimization, and IT consolidation. Riverbed is the IT performance company. WAN optimization solutions from Riverbed liberate businesses from common IT constraints by increasing application performance, enabling consolidation, and providing enterprise-wide network and application visibility – all while eliminating the need to increase bandwidth, storage or servers. Thousands of companies trust Riverbed to deliver greater productivity and cost savings by making their IT infrastructure faster, less expensive and more responsive. Riverbed solutions are also available as managed services through select providers.